Hotel Hyundai Co., Ltd. (also hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), use our best efforts to protect customer’s privacy and personal information, and to that end the Company is committed to complying with the Promotion of the Use of Information and Communication Networks and Protection of Information Act (the “Information and Communication Networks Act”), the Privacy Protection Act and all other relevant laws and regulations.
Last updated date: 2014-08-11
Collection of Personal Information; Purposes of Collection; Items to Be Collected; and Methods of Collection
1. When you attempt to sign up for a Hotel Hyundai membership, we collect your personal information as may be required to identify you and provide e-commerce services. The personal information to be collected by the Company is as follows:
- Item : Full name, username, password, date of birth, e-mail address, contact number, mailing address and billing information
- Purpose : To confirm your identity, provide membership services, take reservations and deliver the hotel’s gifts.
- Period : Until withdrawal from membership or delivery; or for five (5) years after room stay
2. When you are using online membership services, we may collect such information as your IP address, service-use history and billing information (i.e., credit card number, bank account number, gift card number, mobile-service payment authorization code, etc.), only for the purposes of making such services available and/or verifying your financial transactions.
Disclosure and Sharing of Collected Personal Information
1. We will not use or disclose to any third party any of your personal information, without your consent or except as required by law, for purposes other than those intended hereunder and specified herein.
2. In the event that the rights and obligations of a service provider is fully assigned or transferred as a result of sale, merger or acquisition, we will ensure that we inform you in advance of details of the reasons and procedures for such assignment or transfer and that you have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information.
3. Where your personal information is to be disclosed or shared, we will seek your consent in advance by notifying you by email or otherwise in writing of what items of such information will be disclosed or shared, whom the information will be disclosed to or shared with, why it should be disclosed or shared, and how and how long it will be protected and managed. The same procedures will apply in case the information recipient is changed.
4. Your personal information may be disclosed without your consent in accordance with applicable provisions of relevant laws:
- when needed to perform a contract relating to the provision of services;
- when duly and reasonably requested by an investigation authority for investigation purposes; or
- when made available in unidentifiable form for the compilation of statistics or for academic or market research purposes.
Outsourcing the Handling of Personal
When the company is outsourcing the handling of personal information, the information about outsourced company, purposes of collection; items to be collected; and methods of collection below information will be posted on this website for public access, under the Privacy Protection Act and all other
Collection of personal information using cookies
You have the option to accept or decline the installation of cookies and may set your web browser to accept all cookies, alert you whenever a cookie is stored, or disable or block the storage of cookies. Disabling or blocking the storage of cookies may limit your access to services requiring you to log in.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
1. The Company will retain your personal information until the purposes of collection or disclosure of such information are accomplished and will destroy your personal information immediately when such purposes are accomplished or upon the expiration of a retention period permitted by your consent. The times when we are required to destroy your personal information are as follows:
- Your membership information is destroyed when you withdraw or are dismissed from Hotel Hyundai membership.
- Your delivery information is destroyed when a product or service has been delivered or provided.
- Your information collected for a survey or promotional event is destroyed upon when such survey or event is over.
- The information used to identify you is destroyed when your identity has been verified.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, when any of your personal information needs to be retained under relevant laws or internal regulations, we may retain such information (i) for a period of five (5) years if it pertains to the revocation of contracts or subscriptions; (ii) for a period of five (5) years if it relates to the supply of goods or services and payments therefor; or for a period of three (3) years if it pertains to the handling or resolution of complaints or disputes.
2. Your personal information will be destroyed by the following procedures and methods:
- Paper-printed information is destroyed with a paper shredder or through a shredding service provider.
- Electronically stored information is permanently deleted in a technically irretrievable manner.
Rights and Obligations of Users and Exercise of Rights
1. You have the right at any time to view, correct or delete your registered personal information, have it corrected or deleted, have its processing suspended or withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure thereof, directly on the Membership Information page of our website or by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing or by email, in which case we will respond forthwith after identity verification.
2. If you request that we correct an error in your registered personal information, such information will not be employed or disclosed until such correction is made accordingly. Where any incorrect part of your personal information has been disclosed to any third party, we will have it corrected by giving immediate notice to such third party.
Measures for Security of Personal Information
1. In handling your personal information, we use our best efforts to prevent such information from being lost, stolen, leaked, falsified or damaged by taking the following technical, administrative and physical measures for security assurance:
- Minimum number of information workers and training
Personal information is made accessible to the smallest possible number of people and regular training is provided to such people.
- Regular in-house audits
In-house internal audits are conducted on a regular basis for the security of personal information.
- Internal management plan
An internal management plan is developed and implemented for safe handling of personal information.
- Encryption of personal information
Your personal information is password-protected and stored and managed in encrypted form. All data is encrypted for transmission and other important data is protected by separate security features.
- Technical measures against hacking
Personal information is protected by security software for the prevention of leakage, damage or tampering due to hacking or computer virus infection, and the software is periodically updated and tested. All systems are installed in access-controlled areas and technically and physically monitor and block access from outside.
- Limited access to personal information
We take necessary measures to control access to personal information by means of granting, modifying or canceling access to database systems that handle personal information, and a firewall system is employed to control unauthorized access from outside.
- Storage of access logs and prevention of data forging or tampering
We store and maintain a history of your access to our personal information processing system and use security features for your access log data not to be forged, tampered with, damaged, stolen or lost.
- Use of locks for document security
Documents and auxiliary storage media containing personal data are kept in safe, locked places.
- Prevention of unauthorized access
We have set up a separate physical location where personal information is stored and have established and implemented procedures for the control of access to the storage location.
The Company has appointed the following persons to be responsible for protecting its customers’privacy and personal information and for gathering their opinions and handling their complaints:
Hotel Privacy Officer & Contract Person
Gyeongju Choi, Byeong-jin email@example.com
Ulsan Hyun, Young-seok firstname.lastname@example.org
Mokpo Lee, Hyun-so email@example.com
SEAMARQ Kim, Jeong-su firstname.lastname@example.org
Vladivostok Kim, Jeong-su email@example.com
Transmission of Advertising Messages
1. We do not send you any advertising messages for commercial purposes so long as your unsubscription request is expressly given.
2. If we send any advertising message by email or otherwise for online marketing purposes such as presenting product information, we will ensure that in a plain and legible manner:
- 'The email's subject line communicates what the email is about, although it may not indicate “Advertisement”; and
- The body text contains the sender’s name, email address, phone number and mailing address, as well as instructions on how to unsubscribe, so that the recipient can readily unsubscribe from further advertisements.
3. Likewise, if we send you an advertising message for commercial purposes by fax or mobile text message or via non-email means, we will ensure that the sender’s name is indicated in such message, even if you have agreed to the receipt of advertising messages.
- Enforcement Date: August 11, 2008